Nepal, a Himalayan country located in Asia between two giant countries: India and China, offers numerous exciting and adventurous trekking trails to the global trekkers. Thousands of trekkers choose trekking trail of their own kind.
In fact, Nepal government and the private local tour and trekking companies promote some major trekking trails like Annapurna Base Camp Trek and Everest Base Camp Trek with great emphasis. So, these trekking trails fascinated a large number of trekkers every month of the year. Consequently, these trekking trails became much crowded trekking in Nepal.
What are trekkers really looking for in recent time? Of course, Less crowded trekking in Nepal. Presenting the fact that majority of the trekkers really hate crowd. They are fed up of seeing the crowd in their native land and again if they see the terrible crowd in the mountain while making a particular trekking trip, then what happens? Irritation.
For a complete serenity and wilderness, we suggest you the following top 10 less crowded trekking in Nepal.
Find your best less crowded trekking in Nepal
Manaslu Circuit Trekking
Manaslu Circuit Trekking is getting its popularity in recent few years as one of the most less crowded and remote area trekking in Nepal. Since major trekking trails like Everest and Annapurna got too crowded. Even the trekkers could not get proper accommodations and foods during the trek. Also, the trails are getting dirtier with pile of garbage and there is adverse effect on Environment.
- Core wilderness which is distant from modern cities
- Virgin and less beaten trails
- Unspoiled culture and tradition
- Holy caves and monasteries
- erene lakes
- Alluring mountain peaks including the summits on Tibetan side
- Dialects on the Tibetan border
Giant mountain peaks including Mt. Manaslu and other peaks on Tibetan side
Manaslu Circuit trekking begins from Sotikhola after 7-8 hours drive from Kathmandu via Dhading Bensi. The trail gradually takes us higher elavtion. The more we get to the higher elevation, the more we begin to experience remoteness and wilderness. Crossing Larkya La Pass( 5215) will offer us an absolute thrill of adventure trekking. Larkya La Pass is the highest point of this trek. Moreover, the high lakes, holy caves and monasteries, untouched tradition and culture of the people mesmerize us. Finally, we end our Manaslu Circuit Trek at Besisahar and take a drive to Kathmandu.
We use normal teahouse accommodation for our Manaslu Circuit Trekking. The best time of the year for Manaslu Circuit Trekking is Autumn( Sep-Nov). We need to obtain special area permit for Manaslu Circuit Trekking since it is restricted area trekking in Nepal.
Mardi Himal Trekking
Mardi Himal Trekking trail is located in popular Annapurna region. However, it is a newly discovered trekking trail in Nepal, thus, a less crowded. The trails are still virgin and the culture and traditional of the people are unspoiled. The rocky terrain, virgin trails, lush rhododendron, cascading water fall, traditional settlements, friendly and hospitable people, mountain accommodation and organic food items and most importantly, mountain peaks include Mardi Himal, Annapurna massif and many other alluring peaks.
- Unspoiled Trekking trails
- Less crowded teahouses /lodges
- Lush Rhododendron and other vegetations
- Blissful and wild nature
- Diverse species of flora and fauna in Annapurna Conservation Area
- Spectacular mountain peaks include Mardi Himal, Annapurna massif, Ganesh Himal, Manaslu and Machhapuchhre ( Fishtail)
Mardi Himal Trekking begins from Pokhara. The trail then takes us to Pothana via Dhampus. Now, we begin to enjoy rural setting and lifestyle. As we ascend higher elevation, the trail turns to be difficult and rough. The final section of the trail to Mardi Himal from High Camp is tough. However, the real thrill of adventure you experience during the time will be astounding. We end our Mardi Himal Trekking in Pokhara.
We use normal teahouse accommodation for our Manaslu Circuit Trekking. The most common food items are like bread items, egg items, Nepali Dhal Bhat, noodles etc. The best time of the year for Mardi Himal Trekking is Autumn( Sep-Nov).
Kanchenjunga Base Camp Trekking
Kanchenjunga Base Camp Trekking is another restricted and remote area trekking in Nepal. Mt. Kanchenjunga (8,586 m), the world’s third highest mountain is the most significant attraction of Kanchenjunga Base Camp Trekking. The astonishing view of Mt. Kanchenjunga is dominant along the entire trail. This trekking trail is distant from developed cities like Chitwan, Pokhara and Kathmandu. Which is why, we can experience the most remote setting, less beaten and less crowded trekking trail, undisturbed and wild nature, hospitable ethnic people and diverse species of flora and fauna. Actually, Kanchenjunga Base Camp Trekking Trail is protected by Kanchenjunga Protected Area.
- Unspoiled nature and atmosphere
- Remote setting and topography
- Core Wilderness at the border of India, Sikkim
- Amazing mountain people and their age-old culture
- Diverse species of flora and fauna in Kanchenjunga Conservation Area
- Lush rhododendron and other flowering and non-flowering vegetations
- Spectacular view of Mt. Kanchenjunga
- Local teahouse accommodation and organic food items
We begin our Kanchenjunga Base Camp Trekking from eastern part of Nepal, Taplejung district and ends at the same point. The trail passes through Kanchenjunga Protected area. The deep forest, remote setting, local teahouses and hospitable people will make this trekking trip more enjoyable. We get to our final destination, Kanchenjunga Base Camp and backtrack along the same trail to Taplejung.
We use normal teahouse or camping accommodation for our Kanchenjunga Base Camp Trekking. The most common food items are like bread items, egg items, Nepali Dhal Bhat, noodles etc. The best time of the year for Kanchenjungha Base CampTrekking is Autumn( Sep-Nov).
Upper Mustang Trekking
Putting footsteps in Mustang region now have been a dominant dream of the trekkers like pursuing Everest Base Camp. The vast arid kingdom with an absolute winderness fascinates every trekker in Upper Mustang Trekking. Upper Mustang is also a remote and restricted area trekking in Nepal like Manaslu , Makalu and Kanchenjunga. The open valleys, traditional settlements, mountain peaks, legendary walls and monasteries, deep gorges and dialects are the major attractions of Upper Mustang Trekking.
- Scenic flight to and from Jomsom
- Breathtaking Mountain views : Annapurna-II, Dhaulagiri, Nilgiri, Tilicho and Annapurna I, Bhrikuti Peak as well as
- Damodar Kunda (pond)
- Exploring the Kali Gandaki River valley
- Exploration of Forbidden Kingdom of Mustang
- Dry Landscapes of Jomsom & Holy Muktinath temple
- Picturesque views of the Himalayas on the trail
- Visiting the legendary capital of Mustang “The Lo Manthang”
We begin Upper Mustang trek from Jomsom with a short and scenic flight from Pokhara. Starting from Jomsom, the windy city, we pass Kagbeni and Lomanthang. Getting to Upper Mustang, we experience a complete new and different kingdom from other which is far away from modern life and technologies. We also visit Muktinath, a popular Hindu pilgrimage site during our Upper Mustang Trekking and again take a short flight to Pokhara to end the trek.
We use normal teahouse or camping accommodation for our Upper Mustang Trekking. The most common food items are like bread items, egg items, Nepali Dhal Bhat, noodles etc. The best time of the year for Upper Mustang Trekking is Autumn( Sep-Nov).
Upper Dolpo Trekking
Dolpo region of Nepal is an alienated kingdom. Few year back, Dolpo was a different kingship. As soon as the monarchy was thrown from Nepal, the kingship system of Upper Dolpo region also was dismissed. This wild remoteness, unspoiled nature and tradition of the people, their unique economic activities, holy monasteries and legendary forts etc are the major attractions of Upper Dolpo trekking. The mountain views include Annapurna range, Dhaulagiri and Kanjirowa are dominant on the trail. Besides, Upper Dolpo is famous for the practices of Bon-Po religion, blue sheep and snow leopard .
- Scenic flight to and from Nepalgunj/Juphal
- Views Of giant Dhaulagiri And other alluringThe Tibetan Peaks.
- Thrilling High Passes Kang La, Saldang La And Others.
- Arid Landscapes And Striking Valleys As Dho, Saldang, Tarakot.
- Shey Phoksundo Lake, National Park and diverse species of flora and fauna
- Visit ancient holy monasteries of Dolpo district.
- Explore Shey Gompa- one of the most popular Buddhist monasteries
- Pristine and wild topography, unique culture and civilization
We begin Upper Dolpo Trekking from Juphal after our flight from Nepalgunj. Then we pass Dunai, Shey Phoksundo National Park and lake, Shey Gumpa and get to core Upper Dolpo region. After a comploration of it,we backtrack along the same trail passing Dunai and Tarap and take a short flight from Juphal to Nepalgunj.
We use normal teahouse or camping accommodation for our Upper Dolpo Trekking. The most common food items are like bread items, egg items, Nepali Dhal Bhat, noodles etc. The best time of the year for Upper Dolpo Trekking is Autumn( Sep-Nov).
Tsum Valley Manaslu Trek
Tsum Valley Manaslu Trek is a remote and restricted area trekking in Nepal therefore a less crowded trekking trail. The trek is considered as the extended version of the beautiful Manaslu Circuit Trekking. Tsum Valley Manaslu trek takes us to the wild nature where Mt. Manaslu, the eighth highest mountain peak in the world, and mesmerizing valleys and the deep gorges will stun us tremendously. What we gonna experience in this trek are, holy and historical monasteries and caves, rugged mountain trails, friendly ethnic people and their virgin cultures, core wilderness, dialects and most importantly, majestic mountains include Manaslu, Ganesh Himal and Annapurna range.
- Exploring the Budhi Gandaki river valley
- Lush green hills covered with pine, oak forests and rhododendron
- Crossing Larkya La Pass 5,215 m, the highest point of this trek, one of the highest passes of the world
- Experience the unspoiled blended typical Nepalese and Tibetan culture
- Diversified unspoiled ecosystem and off the beaten trails
- Scenic drive to Sotikhola from Kathmandu
- Majestic mountain views including Mt. Manaslu, Ganesh Himal and Annapurna range
- Wild nature and an absolute freedom
We use normal teahouse or camping accommodation for our Tsum Valley Manaslu Trekking. The most common food items are like bread items, egg items, Nepali Dhal Bhat, noodles etc. The best time of the year for this trek is Autumn( Sep-Nov).
Tamang Heritage Trek
Tamang Heitage trek is a spectacular adventure into both cultural and natural blessings of Langtang region of Nepal. In fact, this trek is more popular as culture trek than an exploration of nature. The trek takes us into the core Tamang settlements where one will get an opportunity to acknowledge their age-old tradition and civilization. Simultaneously, trekkers can experience diverse species of flora and fauna in Langtang National Park, enjoy hot springs at Tatopani and can capture spectacular mountain views include Langtang, Lirung and many other alluring peaks.
This moderate trekking in Langtang region can be undertaken by everyone who has good level of fitness and stamina. No special techniques of trekking and climbing are required for Tamang Heritage Trek.
Actually, Langtang region was hard hit by April-2015 earthquake but now it is completely okay to trek. It has been renovated as it was before the earthquake.
- A scenic drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi
- The crystal clear and rhythmic Langtang river
- Lush Rhododendron and other vegetations
- Diverse and endangered species of wildlife and birds in Langtang National Park
- Classical Tamang settlement, their culture and civilization
- Hot springs at Tatopani
- Holy monasteries, colorful prayer flags and manis
- Alluring mountain panorama – Langtang and Lirung
We use normal teahouse accommodation for our Tamang Heritage Trek. The most common food items are like bread items, egg items, Nepali Dhal Bhat, noodles etc. The best time of the year for Tamang Heritage Trek is Autumn ( Sep-Nov).
Makalu Base Camp Trek
This less crowded and remote area trekking is a restricted area trekking in Nepal. The trail takes us to Mt. Makalu Base Camp passing through wild ecology and remote settlements. No traditional activities of the people are affected by modernism in this trekking trail. So, the trail and culture are still virgin.
Thos who wish to avoid crowds and hustle and bustle of the city life find Makalu Base Camp Trek absolutely rewarding. The giant, Mt. Makalu is the dominant view all along the trail. Besides, the lush rhododendron, winding rivers, natural water falls, diverse species of flora and fauna in Makalu Barun Conservation Area are also other highlights of this trek.
Starting from Tumlingtar , Makalu Base Camp trek ends at the same point. We need to obtain a special area permit for this trek.
- A scenic flight from Kathmandu to Tumlingtar
- Unspoiled trekking trails
- Lush rhododendron and other exquisite vegetations
- Beautiful people, age-old culture and civilization
- Undisturbed wilderness and freedom
- Remote setting, cool and peaceful atmosphere
- Makalu Barun Protected area and its unique species of flora and fauna
- The dominant and the giant Mt. Makalu
We use normal teahouse or camping accommodation for our Makalu Base Camp Trek. The most common food items are like bread items, egg items, Nepali Dhal Bhat, noodles etc. The best time of the year for Makalu Base Camp Trek is Autumn ( Sep-Nov).
Pikey Peak Trek
Pikey Peak Trek is a newly opened trekking trail in Everest region. This off the beaten and solitary trekking trail takes us to Pikey Peak and offers us magnificent view of Dhaulagiri, Everest, Makalu and Kanchenjunga to the far west. It is newly opened trekking trail therefore it is less crowded. But, those who experience it, will find the best viewpoint to capture Mt. Everest.
- Off the beaten trekking trails
- Absolute wilderness into lush rhododendron, oak and pine
- Authentic Sherpa culture and hospitality
- Majestic mountain views include Dhaulagiri, Everest, Makalu and Kanchenjunga to the far west.
- Spectacular landscapes and valleys
We use normal teahouse or camping accommodation for our Pikey Peak Trek. The most common food items are like bread items, egg items, Nepali Dhal Bhat, noodles etc. The best time of the year for Peaky Peak Trek is Autumn ( Sep-Nov).
Khopra Ridge Trek
Khopra Danda or Khopra ridge trek is a newly introduced trekking trail in Annapurna region. Those who are looking for rugged and off the beaten trekking trail in Annapurna region in Nepal will find Khopra ridge trek a magnificent. Mt. Dhaulagiri, Mt. Annapurna I, II, III and south, Hiunchuli, Mt. Fishtail, Mt. Lamjung Himal and Mt. Nilgiri are the best views for Khopra ridge Trek.
Beginning from Pokhara, Khopra Ridge Trek ends at the same point. Poonhill, Pokhara city, lush rhododendron, magnificent landscapes and valley, friendly ethnic people are the dominant attractions of Khopra Ridge trek.
- Beautiful Pokhara City
- Undisturbed wilderness
- Lush rhododendron and its cool shades
- Amazing ethnic people, food and lifestyle
- Spectacular Mountain views- Mt. Dhaulagiri, Mt. Annapurna I, II, III and south, Hiunchuli, Mt. Fishtail, Mt. Lamjung
- Himal and Mt. Nilgiri.
- Poonhill, the best viewpoint for capturing Annapurna range
- Putting it altogether
In fact, the absolute holidays are celebrated in wilderness where there should not be any kind of interruptions. Same thing can be experienced in above mentioned trekking trails in different trekking regions of Nepal. Study well, make a good preparation, choose and go with any of the above mentioned less crowded trekking in Nepal. You will find them magical.